Date: April 20, 2018, 12-13 h
Location: Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, Boelelaan 1105, 1081 HV Amsterdam, room 12A44
- Sjoerd Kluiving – President of IALA & Assistant Professor in Landscape Archaeology, Faculty of Humanities, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and senior lecturer at Biological and Environmental Sciences at University of Stirling, U.K.
- Wiebke Bebermeier – Treasurer of IALA & Professor in Physical Geography, with focal point Landscape Archaeology, Freie Universitat Berlin (contact by telephone conference)
- Annelies Koopman – Secretary of IALA & Geoarchaeologist
Program of meeting:
- Request to extend end report financial year 2017 to 31st October 2018
Sjoerd Kluiving opens the 1st General Assembly of IALA at 12.01 PM. Wiebke Bebermeier is connected to the live meeting via telephone conference.
- Financial report:
All members at the meeting agree a) to extend the official reporting on the financial year 2017, from 6 months to 10 months after the end of the financial year, b) to postpone the official presentation of the financial report including the approval of the treasurer to the 2nd General Assembly during LAC2018, 17-20 September 2018.
- Questions / Information
The following aspects were discussed during the general assembly:
- Grant of travel allowance for IALA members for LAC2018: Outcome: Discussion on travel grants and other possible grant types, including the formulation of guidelines for the application process was postponed to the 2nd general assembly.
- IALA will grant small giveaways like cups or pens to IALA members, to celebrate its foundation and early members.
- Member Registering System was updated, and will be further adapted to allow the renewal of memberships.
- New members will receive an invoice proving the payment of the membership fee. Standardise and automatization routines will be developed for this process.
- Wiebke Bebermeier will not continue as treasurer after LAC 2018.
Financial report will be finalised until mid of May 2018
Report of the minutes of the 1st IALA meeting will be published on the IALA homepage.